A cartoon created by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer for First-Run Syndication in 1998. It starred an animated version of MGM's lion mascot, Leo (voiced by William H. Macy), with a wife named Lana (Peri Gilpin), and kids named Kate, Spencer and Judy. The show lasted for 13 episodes.
- Action Mom: As a former circus performer, Lana is very athletic. The first episode alone has her swinging on a trapeze just to capture a spider.
- Awkward Father-Son Bonding Activity: Part of the plot to the first episode involves Leo trying to find something that he and Spencer can do together, resulting in many of these.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Lana and Judy wear full outfits without shoes.
- A Boy, a Girl, and a Baby Family
- Dom Com
- Dreadful Musician: Zig-Zagged Trope. Spencer can play guitar very well, but he can't sing.
- Eat the Camera: Happens a few times. One of them is done with Leo Lionheart Jr. in "But Some of my Best Friends are Clowns!" when two human beings jump on a couch that Leo was sitting in, launching him up in the air. Cue the trope here.
- Family Theme Naming: The other four family members (besides Leo) are named after The Golden Age of Hollywood movie stars who were contracted to MGM: Lana Turner, Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy and Judy Garland.
- Fully-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Spencer and Kate.
- Furry Confusion: In the first episode, Kate is shown to be a horseback rider.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Unlike the rest of the family, Leo wears only a sweater, though there were a few times when he was wearing pants. Leo Sr. also qualifies.
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!: Literally. The Lionheart family seem to be the only furries in an otherwise all-human world. In the first episode, Kate's riding club otherwise consists of humans.
- Sliding Scale of Animal Cast: Level 8.
- Prehensile Tail: On account of her being athletic, Lana can use the tassel of her tail to grab things.
- Thematic Theme Tune: "Roar".
- Through a Face Full of Fur: Lana, when one of Kate's friends mentions Lana being a former circus star.