Following the events of the film, Emmet brings his friends to LEGOLAND in hopes of visiting the park, but the invitation Emmet received is actually for Brick World, a completely unauthorized LEGO Movie theme park located next to (but not associated with) LEGOLAND. The owner of the park, Risky Business (who's President Business's brother), promises them a fun time at Brick World, but he secretly has evil plans to brainwash them and force them to work at the park in order to dominate the theme park industry. Can Emmet and Wyldstyle stop Risky's plans and rescue their friends in time?
The LEGO Movie: 4D — A New Adventure provides examples of:
- Big Bad: Risky Business, who wants to hypnotize the LEGO Movie cast and force them to perform in live shows to rule the theme park industry.
- Blunt "No": MetalBeard gives one when Wyldstyle asks if Emmet's friends want to see the park together when they run off to their own attractions.
- Brick Joke: When Emmet and his friends are forced into a stage show by Risky, Emmet tells the audience to stop cheering and call the police. After Risky's plans are foiled and the police show up to arrest him, an audience member reveals that he did listen to Emmet when he said to call the police; he just didn't want to ruin the show for the rest of the audience.
- Captain Obvious: When Emmet and Wyldstyle see that MetalBeard is brainwashed by Risky:Wyldstyle: He's hypnotized MetalBeard. But why?
Emmet: Maybe to make him do stuff that he wouldn't otherwise do.
Wyldstyle: Yeah, that's probably it.
- Chekhov's Gun: Risky's Micro Manager replica sprays lemon water, which he mentions is harmful to electronic devices. Emmet and Wyldstyle later get the idea to use it to short-circuit the mind control devices brainwashing their friends.
- Comically Missing the Point: When the robots shoot at Emmet and Wyldstyle on the "Super-Cycle Mega-Coaster", Emmet complains that Wyldstyle's ride is more interesting than his.
- Exact Words: When MetalBeard gets attacked by the robots on his ride, he boasts, "Nothing on land or sea can sink MetalBeard!" Then, Benny's spaceship crashes into his boat and sinks it.
- Fake Interactivity: Emmet and Wyldstyle ask the audience to help them find the pieces they need to build the Lemon-Aid Stand, which they'll find regardless of whether or not the audience actually helps them. Possibly justified as, at the time, they were being forced to perform on stage for a live audience in-universe.
- Hypno Trinket: Risky plans to hypnotize the LEGO Movie cast by having his robots attach mind control devices to them, passing them off as VIP passes.
- Incredibly Lame Fun: While Emmet's friends all get exciting attractions that they enjoy, Emmet gets "Emmet's Breakfast with a Plant Merry-No-Round", which consists of a recreation of his apartment where he sits on a stationary couch and watches a replica of Planty dance around slightly. Wyldstyle realizes how unhappy Emmet is with his ride and offers to take him with her on the "Super-Cycle Mega-Coaster" instead.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: When Emmet hears that Risky has the voice of Patton Oswalt, he comments that Risky's voice sounds much less expensive than his brother's (President Business is voiced by Will Ferrell).
- Oh, Wait!: After Risky has brainwashed Emmet's friends:Risky: Now, if I only knew where Emmet and Wyldstyle were. Shame I don't have multiple security cameras all over the place. Oh, wait, I do! [switches security feed to reveal that Emmet and Wyldstyle are behind him]
- Our Lawyers Advised This Trope: Risky's knockoff of "Everything Is Awesome" that he forces Emmet's friends to dance to states "This is legal under Fair Use."
- Palette Swap: Risky Business looks almost identical to his brother President Business, the only differences being his dark blue suit and gray hair.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: The robots' fake robot henchmen disguises are just paper masks with their faces on it.
- Potty Emergency: Upon arriving at LEGOLAND, MetalBeard has to use the bathroom after a long trip.
- Punny Name: Risky Business, President Business's brother.
- Put on a Prison Bus: Risky is last seen getting arrested for impersonating a theme park manager without a license.
- Shout-Out: Emmet and Wyldstyle's Lemon-Aid Stand uses the Transformers transforming sound effect when transforming into a mech.
- This Page Will Self-Destruct: Played with. The invitation to Brick World claims it's printed on a ghost for legal protection, and it vanishes with a ghostly wail after Wyldstyle finishes reading it.
- A True Story in My Universe: The LEGO Movie is stated to be a documentary about the events of the film in the short.
- We Need a Distraction: To distract the robots so Wyldstyle can use the Micro Manager replica, Emmet sings opera.Risky: What the heck? I thought we cut the opera bit!