The Jungle Bunch is a French Animated CGI Cartoon by Jean-François Tosti, David Alaux, Eric Tosti, and Julien Fournet.
The series follows a group of animals who act as a superhero team to the local jungle. There's Maurice The Tiger (well, penguin who thinks he's a tiger), his fish son Junior, Miguel the gorilla, Gilbert the science-loving Tarsier, Batricia the bat who loves him, and Al and Bob, the two frogs who hang around with them.
Whenever their signal is sounded, The Jungle Bunch leap into action and right whatever wrong they're called to.
The show has been running since 2013. It has three seasons and two movies.
The Jungle Bunch provides examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Potator, a potato-powered robot that Gilbert built to help someone who lost something. But thanks to her poor memory, she couldn't remember where she left it, and kept guessing different locations. Potator deduced that it needed to built more of itself to span a wilder area, but soon had enslaved the whole jungle into growing more potatoes to make more Potator robots with.
- All-CGI Cartoon
- Apple of Discord: In "The Cube", a mysterious sparkling blue cube causes several different animals to fight over it, each believing it to be something important or legendary. They stop when they learn it was one of Al's art projects.
- Art Shift: In "Princess Groundhog", the art style shifts from 3D models to a more 2D-esque aesthetic when telling the story.
- Bamboo Technology: Justified, given the setting.
- Cooking Duel: Al competes in one in "The Jungle Feast" against the owner of a local fast food chain. Al's opponent goes as far as to kidnap Bob to make Al throw the fight. Thankfully, The Jungle Bunch rescue him and bring him back in time to help Al win. They also expose said fast food chain as having no regard for health and safety standards.
- Dumb Muscle: Miguel isn't too bright. But he is strong.
- Giant Mecha: Quite a few are built out of logs and vines.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Al and Bob are very close.
- Interspecies Adoption: Maurice was raised by a tiger and, as a result, believes he is one. Maurice himself is the adopted father of a fish, who also believes he is a tiger.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: Miguel, unless you make him mad.
- The Leader: Maurice plays this role in The Jungle Bunch.
- LEGO Genetics: Marla was able to create such food hybrids as the bananoconut (half banana, half coconut), and the butermelon (half banana, half watermelon).
- Logic Bomb: How Miguel distracts the Potator robots.
- Misplaced Wildlife:
- Maurice is a penguin living in a jungle. In the first movie's intro, it's revealed this came about when his egg was knocked into the sea by a walrus and drifted to the jungle, where he was found and raised by a tiger.
- There's also koalas and beavers in this jungle.
- Oblivious Adoption: Maurice has no idea he's actually a penguin.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Fred The Warthog, being a singer and all.
- RockPaperScissors: The favoured game of Al and Bob. When they invite Miguel to play, it becomes "Rock, Paper, THUMPY!!".
- Seldom-Seen Species: How many other animated series out there have a tarsier?
- The Smart Guy: Gilbert likes his science.
- Third-Person Person: Miguel always refers to himself by his name.
- Those Two Guys: Al and Bob the frogs.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Miguel loves bananas.
- Vampire Vords: Vladimir speaks with these.
- Wily Walrus: In The Jungle Bunch: The Movie, walruses are the main villains, portrayed as a brutish tribe ransoming a peaceful penguin village for years until the protagonists manage to beat them.