The Frog Show (French name: Frog et Fou Furet) is a 2003 French/Spanish co-produced cartoon made by the companies Ellipsanime, D'Ocon Films, and Agogo Corporation.
The show is basically Tom and Jerry with a frog and a ferret. The ferret spends all of his time trying to catch and eat the frog, but fails every time due to an intrusion of some sort, usually because someone else wants the frog. The frog itself is carefree enough that it completely does not take notice of when anyone is endangering his life.
Recurring places for the ferret to wind up in during his frog-capturing exploits include a restaurant owned by Chef Maurice, a swampy area serving as the home of Bayou Joe, and a pink castle, complete with a king, queen, and princess.
This work contains examples of:
- Amusing Injuries: Quite a few in each episode.
- Artificial Meat: Chef Maurice tries to clone the frog in one episode so that he can have a bigger supply of frogs to cook.
- Babies Ever After: The frog has babies at the end of one episode after being exposed to a female frog.
- Bloodless Carnage: None of the injuries sustained by the ferret or anyone else result in any bleeding. It's a children's show, what did you expect?
- Chez Restaurant: Chef Maurice's restaurant is called Chez Maurice.
- Conspicuous CG: Used in the show's intro, where all the backgrounds are 3D while the characters are 2D.
- The Eponymous Show
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: No wonder it's called The Frog Show, it's a show about a frog!
- Heart Beats out of Chest: To get the princess to sleep without being bothered by any noise, a guard takes his own heart out of his body to stop it beating. Right before he takes it out, his heart beats like this.
- Iron Butt Monkey: The ferret is constantly pummeled by other distractions while trying to catch the frog, but he ultimately turns out fine every time.
- Name and Name: The show's original French title translates to "Frog and Crazy Ferret".
- The Speechless: Both the frog and the ferret are never heard speaking. While the ferret occasionally makes sounds such as gasps and screams, the frog does not make any vocal noises.
- Strictly Formula: Every episode follows this formula: The ferret tries to catch the frog. Someone else gets the frog. The ferret tries to get the frog back from whoever took it. The ferret manages to get the frog. However, the ferret ultimately fails to eat the frog anyway as it gets returned to its home pond.
- Typical Cartoon Animal Colors: The frog is green, as with most cartoon frogs.