I overheard a crayon box with many things to say.
The Crayon Box is a puppet and animated series based on a poem by Shane DeRolf.
The show also featured a number of animated segments as well, including songs or animated segments of stories told in the episode.
The Crayon Box contains examples of:
- An Aesop: The crayons deliver these at the end of each episode in a way that relates to the episode's events in some way.
- Animate Inanimate Object: The crayons.
- Beary Friendly: Bubby the teddy bear's a pretty friendly fellow.
- Black Bead Eyes: Most of the cast seems to have these.
- Female Feline, Male Mutt: Dotty and Lump, respectively.
- Living Toys: The inhabitants of the store are a bunch of living toys.
- Meaningful Name: Dotty is a cat with a connect-the-dot-style series of dots around her.
- Piggy Banks is a Piggy Bank.
- Medium Blending: Sometimes, during the stories being told, the format would change from live-action puppets to 2D animation.
- Piggy Bank: Piggy Banks is a living piggy bank, with a slot for coins in his back.
- Shout-Out: In "Three Little Piggies", the pigs are named Lester, Chester, and Sylvester. However, Sylvester changes his name to Bob because Sylvester's a name for a cat.