Chocolate rainbows and friendly fish
Come on and join your friends.
At the Aquaman & Friends Action Hour!
The Aquaman & Friends Action Hour (El Show de Aquaman y sus amigos lit. in Spanish) is a 2003 Latin American-produced show that suggest what would have happened if Aquaman from the Super Friends universe were to conduce a kid's show. If you are familiar with the concepts behind Space Ghost Coast to Coast or Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, then you probably know what to expect.
The series lasted a total of 7 episodes, transmitted during advertisement (which implies that each episode was about 2-5 minutes long). Shamefully enough, the series was never transmited outside LatAm.
It's worth mentioning that some episodes were Dubbed in English, so it's possible to find online if you look for them hard enough.
The Aquaman & Friends Action Hour provides examples of the following tropes:
- Butt-Monkey: Mr.Slippery, according to Aquaman "he is way too clumsy for his own good"
- Cloudcuckoolander: Aquaman himself, as well as the Legion of Doom sans Lex Luthor.
- Curse Cut Short: Aquaman curses quite a lot (always cut short, though). The director reminds him he is working "ON A KID SHOWS FOR GOD'S SAKE!"
- Only Sane Man: Lex Luthor, to the whole Legion of Doom.
- Ms. Fanservice: Wonder Woman, although she only shows up in an Imagine Spot.
- Show Within a Show: Aquaman and friends is actually a show Aquaman is hosting.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Lex Luthor again. The usual dynamics of the Legion of Doom involve Luthor explaining his latest Evil Plan while the rest of the League either struggle following his explanations or go off on a tangent.
- Sugar Bowl: The intro song. The actual show is not even close to this, though.