Tappy Toes is an obvious knockoff of Happy Feet ...up to a point.
Other than the fact that it's about a penguin learning to dance, the plot is somewhat different from Happy Feet, as it mostly deals with evil sea lions (which came from a minor plot point in Happy Feet) under the command of a villainous hermit crab.
- Adult Fear: Pingo's kidnapping.
- Author Appeal: Like with most of Renegade Animations' productions, the style and animation is reminiscent of Jay Ward.
- Detail-Hogging Cover: Like with Back to the Sea, the cover depicts the characters very detailed, contrast to the actual scenes are very basic.
- The Eeyore: Pingo's dad, Ozzie. Even to the point he didn't cheer up his wife after Pingo was kidnapped.
- Lampshading: Does this several times.
- The Mockbuster: Of Happy Feet. However, except for the most basic details, the plot is not very similar.
- More Than Meets the Eye: Downplayed. As stated before, the plot is different compared to Happy Feet. It does recycle a lot (but not all) of the tropes and characters used in Happy Feet, however. For example, there was an antagonistic seal in Happy Feet, but it wasn't the Big Bad.
- Those Two Guys: Buddy and Lou.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Gabby and Thrasher.