Talking Tom and Friends is an animated series based on the franchise of the same name by Outfit7. This series is about Tom and his friends going on adventures. It was animated by arx anima in seasons 1-3 and is animated by People Moving Pixels from Season 4 onwards. The pilot episode released on December 23, 2014, and the first official episode was released on April 30, 2015.
Talking Tom and Friends contains examples of:
- Advertised Extra: Becca. Even though she was shown prominently in the Season 4 promos, she only appeared in 2 episodes of that particular season. It's possible that she'll get more screen time in Season 5, as she'll move in with Angela.
- The Ditz: Hank. He has low common sense in situations and is very gullible. When it comes to TV shows, he's a wiz at them.
- Early Installment Weirdness: In the pilot episode, Tom's couch is colored blue and yellow, but in the rest of the series, the couch is fully colored blue.
- Fat Bastard: Inverted with Hank. He's overweight, but is anything but mean and rude.
- Foil: Tom and Ben. Tom is creative but lacks knowledge when it comes to making apps which is a contrast to Ben, who is a computer genius but has boring ideas.
- Introductory Opening Credits: The opening shows the characters with poses showcasing their typical situations and their names.
- Jerkass: The group have faced some nasty people.
- The CEO is number one. His goal is to take down Ben and Tom's app company. He spied on them and told Darren to befriend the group so he could steal their rocket boots and even ran for mayor is hopes of kicking them away. Thankfully, he'll always get what's coming to him.
- Darren, the CEO's nephew, is a jerk. In "Tennis Kid," he's Ginger's arch-rival, and he taunts Ginger about his bad tennis skills, even after Ginger congratulated him on winning a tennis game. He also has no problem in assisting his uncle in stopping the group and loves cheating.
- Secondary Character Title: Despite the title being Talking Tom and Friends, it doesn't entirely focus on just Tom, as the main group share the spotlight.
- The Smart Guy: Of the main characters, Ben specializes in computers and science.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: The CEO. In the first season, he was an affable and nice guy to the group. Starting from season 2, he's now bent on destroying their company and is smug and a manchild.