Surf's Up 2: Wavemania is a 2017 sequel to the 2007 animated feature Surf's Up. The story picks up sometime after the last movie, with Cody being interviewed on the events of the last movie. It's revealed that after the surfing competition, Cody fell into obscurity while Chicken Joe went on to become a famous surfer. Cody mentions the hang 5, a band of animals that surfs all over the world, and how badly he wants to join them.
This page Needs Wiki Magic Love.
This movie provides examples of:
- Aesop Amnesia: Cody Maverick once again has to learn the value of friendship, something he had already learned in the last movie.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Zeke is nowhere to be found, and Cody now insists it was the Hang 5 that inspired him as a child, not Big Z.
- Disproportionate Retribution: When Cody's friends and the Hang 5 lay into him for nearly killing Tank (and Chicken Joe), he tries justify it by saying that Tank was bullying him on the entire journey.
- HeelFace Turn: After Cody saves Tank Evans during the finale, Tank apologizes for how he's acted and the two seem to be cool with hanging out with each other from that point on.
- Lighter and Softer: Compared to the first film.
- Karma Houdini: No one calls Tank out for bullying Cody for the majority of the movie.
- Share the Male Pain: While the two were trying to cross a rope stretched across a gorge (by balancing on surfboards, of course), Tank attempts to bully Cody once again. Cody manages to get the upper hand, and Tank loses his balance and finds himself landing on the rope between his legs. Cue a few members of the Hang 5 reacting accordingly.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Cody becomes more abrasive, both out of a desire to join the Hang 5 and anger at Tank's constant bullying.