Spoilers for all of Star Wars: The Clone Wars preceding this season are left unmarked. You Have Been Warned!
Star Wars: The Clone Wars returns for a seventh and final season. Created by George Lucas and directed by Dave Filoni, the series was initially cancelled in 2013 after the conclusion of its fifth season, with a sixth season being released in 2014, and was then revived in 2018 with a 12 episode season.
Following up on the events of the previous seasons, the Clone Wars continues to wage across the Galaxy. The clone troopers (Dee Bradley Baker) continue to fight for the Republic, while former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano (Ashley Eckstein), still reeling from her departure from the Jedi Order, struggles to adjust to civilian life, all before the war comes to an end.
The season premiered exclusively on Disney+ on February 21, 2020.
Alright, Tropers. What's so important that you brought us all the way back here?
- Close on Title: Taking a cue from Rebels and Resistance, and unlike the previous seasons' Title, Please! approach, the titles of the episodes of this season are displayed early in the credits.
- Continuity Nod:
- Cutting the Knot: Tech tries to hack the back door into the Cyber Center, but Wrecker decides to bust it open with brute force instead.Wrecker: Haha! You take too long!
- Late-Arrival Spoiler:
- Ahsoka standing next to Bo-Katan in the SDCC '18 trailer gives away the latter's HeelFace Turn that happened back in the fifth season.
- The Celebration Chicago trailer is filled with major spoilers from the previous seasons, such as Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order and the deaths of Fives, Echo, and Hevy.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: The trailers have a few nods to the series having been uncanceled.
- Ahsoka tells Anakin in the SDCC '18 trailer that "It's been a while".
- In the Celebration Chicago trailer, Rex says this to Ahsoka:Rex: Glad to have you back, Commander.
- The Oner:
- In the SDCC '18 trailer, the camera follows an LAAT flying to Fort Anaxes, then presents Anakin, Rex, and Hunter walking outside the base, and finally pans to a humongous Republic fleet that's above them.
- The sequence of Hunter, Tech and Wrecker fighting their way into the cyber center is all done in one shot, starting from when Wrecker opens the back door to the squad taking out the droids in the command room.
- Precious Photo: Rex has a group photo of Cody, himself, Fives, and Echo, with the latter two dead. However, it's later revealed that Echo is still alive.
- Recycled Trailer Music: The SDCC '18 trailer uses the same music from The Force Awakens' second trailer.
- Saved by Canon: Thanks to the existence of Sequel Series Rebels, we know that Ahsoka, Rex, Bo-Katan and Maul, none of whom had this guarantee in the series' original run, are all coming out of this season alive.