Spoilers regarding the previous seasons of The Clone Wars are unmarked. You Have Been Warned!
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is set to return for a seventh season. Created by George Lucas and directed by Dave Filoni, the installment was cancelled in 2013 following the conclusion of the fifth season, with the remaining episodes in production released in 2014 as the sixth season. It was then renewed in 2018 for a seventh season and is set to premiere on Disney+.
The seventh season provides the following tropes:
- The Bus Came Back: Ahsoka makes her return after previously leaving the Jedi Order during the Fugitive arc.
- Costume Evolution:
- Anakin and Obi-Wan's designs are now in line with how they will look in Revenge of the Sith, with Anakin sporting a mullet and Obi-Wan wearing a Jedi robe.
- Ahsoka also changed from her previous outfit to a blue short dress with a metallic headpiecenote and a pair of wrist gauntlets.
- Enemy Mine: The first time Ahsoka and Bo-Katan met, the two were fighting each other on Carlac. Now, they're standing side-by-side in a holocall.
- Flaunting Your Fleets: An enormous Republic fleet is seen above Fort Anaxes.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Ahsoka standing next to Bo-Katan gives away the latter's HeelFace Turn that occurred during the Shadow Collective arc.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Ahsoka greeting Anakin with "It's been a while" is two-fold; the announcement of The Clone Wars' renewal marks the installment's return after five years since it's initial cancellation and also marks it as the first major Prequel Trilogy era installment (minus any canonical novels and comics) in the new Disney era.
- The Oner: In the SDCC 18 trailer, the camera follows an LA-AT flying to Fort Anaxes, then shows Anakin, Rex, and Hunter walking outside the base, and finally pans to a humongous Republic fleet above them.
- Resolved Noodle Incident: An interesting case regarding this trope. The Siege of Mandalore was mentioned by multiple characters in Rebels, with more information about it revealed via panels and supplement material. Judging by the poster plus Ahsoka and Bo-Katan standing next to each other, all signs are pointing towards the Siege of Mandalore being fully shown.
- Wham Line: A meta example in the SDCC 18 trailer:A war left unfinished....until now.
- Wham Shot: Anakin asks Rex why he was called over, and then the camera shows Ahsoka in the holocall, who was last seen leaving the Jedi Order.