Skippy: Adventures in Bushtown is an Australian animated series created by Yoram Gross of Blinky Bill fame. Set in and around a fictionalised Australian town, the series differs from the original live-action Skippy series, as it is animated and is set in a World of Funny Animals. For example, Skippy is a kangaroo who wears a baseball cap (and is also male this time).
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, voiced by Jamie Oxenbould, is a young park ranger who resides in Bushtown. He always happens to get in the way of Mayor Croco, his greedy wife Suka, his pack of goons, and his frequent get-rich schemes which often endanger the town.
Skippy: Adventures in Tropetown:
- Anthropomorphic Shift: Based on a series about an entirely non-anthropomorphic kangaroo.
- Bare Your Midriff: Matilda's outfit doesn't cover her belly.
- Creepy Crossdresser: Croco in one episode.
- Disguised in Drag: Pos in one episode. He REALLY hates it.
- Every Episode Ending: Skippy does his trademark thumbs up pose and utters, "Beauty!". The only episode not to have this is "The Sound of Suka".
- Five-Man Band:
- Gender Flip: The original live-action Skippy was female.
- Hartman Hips: Skippy and Matilda have these. (Justified, on account of their being kangaroos)
- Male Gaze: How many people are being attracted by Matilda Roo on account of her curves, especially her tail poking out of her jeans?
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Sirloin's voice is based on Sylvester Stallone, Bruiser on Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Pos on Eddie Murphy.
- The Not-Love Interest: Matilda is Skippy's closest friend and ally, yet there's no Ship Tease between them at all.
- Off-Model: The premiere episode has some very glaring instances of Suka (or her arm) being placed in the wrong area, revealing the cut-off lines when the animations happen.
- Stock Footage is abused frequently in the series.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Skippy sometimes uses these to great effect, including a fake doctor, to fulfill some goal.
- Southern Gentlemen: Skippy pretends to be one in one episode to trick Croco into handing over an associate's old ferry the crocodile was intent on destroying.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Croco, as Skippy saves his life in the first episode and he becomes a Jerkass mayor.