Skippy: Adventures in Bushtown is an Australian animated series created by Yoram Gross of Blinky Bill fame. Set in and around a fictionalised Australian town, the series differs from the original live-action Skippy series, as it is animated and is set in a World of Funny Animals. For example, Skippy is a kangaroo who wears a baseball cap (and is also male this time).
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, voiced by Jamie Oxenbould, is a young park ranger who resides in Bushtown. He always happens to get in the way of Mayor Croco, his greedy wife Suka, his pack of goons, and his frequent get-rich schemes which often endanger the town.
Skippy: Adventures in Tropetown:
- The Ace: Skippy, who's generally the most competent of the team.
- Anthropomorphic Shift: Based on a series about a non-anthropomorphic kangaroo.
- Badass Adorable: Skippy and Matilda are pretty easy on the eyes...doesn't make them any less capable for it.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Many characters, most notably Skippy and Matilda.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Skippy may be friendly, but he's not a pushover, as Croco and Suka often find out.
- Big Bad: Croco is the main one, but Suka could count as well, especially in certain episodes.
- Bungling Inventor: Professor McPouch's inventions...tend not to work as planned, to put it this way.
- Deadpan Snarker: Pos is a pretty big one, though a fair few of the other characters have their moments.
- Disguised in Drag: Pos in one episode. He REALLY hates it.
- Every Episode Ending: In the endings of nearly every episode of the show, Skippy does his trademark thumbs up pose and utters, "Beauty!". The only episode not to have this is "The Sound of Suka".
- Gender Flip: The original live-action Skippy was female. This show's Skippy is male.
- Hartman Hips: Skippy and Matilda have these. (Justified, on account of their being kangaroos)
- Kangaroos Represent Australia: It's an Animated Adaptation of Skippy the Bush Kangaroo. It takes place in a World of Funny Animals, and the two main heroes (Skippy and his girlfriend Matilda) are Funny Animal versions of kangaroos.
- Karma Houdini: How Croco manages to keep his job as mayor despite committing blatant crimes is never explained.
- Male Gaze: How many people are being attracted by Matilda Roo on account of her curves, especially her tail poking out of her jeans?
- Nice Guy: Skippy, generally-speaking. Don't push him, though.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Sirloin's voice is based on Sylvester Stallone, Bruiser on Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Pos on Eddie Murphy.
- The Not-Love Interest: Matilda is Skippy's closest friend and ally, yet there's no Ship Tease between them at all.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Skippy sometimes uses these to great effect, including a fake doctor, to fulfill some goal.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Croco and his wife Suka are classical examples, being crocodilians and the Big Bad Duumvirate of the cast.
- Southern Gentleman: Skippy pretends to be one in one episode to trick Croco into handing over an associate's old ferry the crocodile was intent on destroying.
- Stock Footage: Abused frequently throughout the series, much like in Yoram Gross' most notable prior series.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Croco, as Skippy saves his life in the first episode and he becomes a Jerkass mayor.
- Vague Age: The main casts' ages aren't clarified, but Skippy and Pos are implied to be at least in their early 20s, and Matilda perhaps a little older.