Sharky & George is set in the underwater city of Seacago, populated by various kinds of fish. The protagonists are two fish private detectives who run their own agency. Sharky, the bigger fish, is a pink shark and wears a Humphrey Bogart-style fedora hat. George, the smaller fish, is blue with a yellow face, and is younger than Sharky. Together the two friends combat the mad plans of conquest of the many villains and gangs that are terrorizing Seacago.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Sharky is a bright pink shark.
- Awesome Underwater World: to the point that it trumps Fish Police for the title. Seacago is a bustling underwater city.
- Buddy Cop Show: An undersea variant, Sharky and George are two detective fishes who go around Seacago solving crimes and arresting criminals.
- Detective Animal: The eponymous duo, two fish detectives solving underwater crime.
- Tailfin Walking: Fish in the show tend to stand and walk on the sea bottom on their tail fins, though other times they are capable of swimming.
- Water Is Air: Fires are shown despite the underwater setting, Sharky and George are capable of falling off cliffs.