Scooby-Doo, Haunted Holidays is a 30 minute Scooby-Doo special released on direct to video in 2012.
While the gang is attending a Christmas parade, they come across a maniacal snow creature who lives in the haunted house across the street. As the legend has it, the creature was formed after the old man next door swore revenge on the toy factory being built on the other side of the road, due to it attracting too many unwanted guests. Now it's up to the gang to stop the creature and save the toy factory before the Snowman ruins everything.
- Big Eater: Scooby and Shaggy as usual stuff their mouths with food constantly, seen at the beginning during the parade.
- Blind Without 'Em: When the Snowman attacks the gang at the Haunted House, Velma loses her glasses. When she puts them back on and sees the monster, she wishes she didn't.
- Christmas Special: It's a TV special taking place during Christmas.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: When the snow creature first attacks during the parade, he shoots a beam of ice at a car that causes it to roll into the bandstand and explode. Because it wouldn't be a Scooby-Doo cartoon produced and directed by Victor Cook without Stuff Blowing Up now, would it?
- Giant Hands of Doom: A giant hand trying to smash our heroes happens courtesy of the Snowman's voluntary shapeshifting.
- Giant Spider: A giant spider form is also done through the Snowman's shapeshifting.
- The Grinch: The fake Santa Claus. Especially during the beginning and the end. In the middle, however, he's not actually there; that's the real Santa Claus.
- Harmless Freezing: The Snowman's main attack is freezing people with ice breath. This isn't shown to be fatal.
- Haunted House: There's a particularly conspicuous one across the street from the toy store. It's not really haunted, though. The old guy who supposedly turned into the snow creature actually just moved to a tropical island.
- Mythology Gag:
- Only Known by Their Nickname: One big clue that Santa's the genuine article comes when he addresses Scooby as "Scoobert" and Shaggy as "Norville". Since they're currently being attacked by a giant carnivorous snowman, nobody notices.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The Snowman has red eyes.
- Santa Claus: There's a fake one who despises the holidays. But the real one shows up and saves the day.
- "Scooby-Doo" Hoax: The snow monster is really Havros Menkle in a disguise.
- Sexy Santa Dress: Daphne and Velma's elf costumes. Not exactly a Santa dress, but they are skin tight.
- Shout-Out: At one point, Scooby skids into a large stack of rabbit dolls in boxes. Atop the display is a rabbit statue that resembles Bugs Bunny.
- Snowlem: The Monster of the Week is a living snowman.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: One of the Snowman's powers is to take on different forms.