Rugrats Pre-School Daze (a.k.a. Angelica and Suzie's Preschool Daze) is a very short-lived spin-off of Rugrats, which focused on Angelica and Suzie as they entered preschool. It was adapted from the Rugrats episode "Preschool Daze", which served as a sort of Backdoor Pilot for this series.
If you've never heard of this series, don't worry, neither have even most hardcore Rugrats fans. Only four episodes of this show were ever produced and released; even today, it's still the shortest-running Nicktoon, and the shortest-running Nickelodeon series period. The show is quite obscure for something based off of one of Nickelodeon's most iconic franchises, and there is a very good reason for that: the series only ever saw an official release as "bonus features" on the Tales from the Crib direct-to-DVD series, and when Nick finally aired Preschool Daze between November and December 2008, it was buried in an early morning timeslot where no kid would be awake to see it.
Tropes related to this series include:
- All Love Is Unrequited: Harold has a crush on Angelica, and may be the only guy out there who worships her the way she wishes everyone would. Unfortunately, Angelica treats him with disdain.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: A rare example involving both genders; Angelica's the Blonde, Susie's the Brunette, and Harold is the Redhead.
- Nice, Mean, and In-Between: Harold, Angelica, and Susie, respectively. Harold is good-natured, means well, and has an unrequited crush on Angelica, Angelica is mean to Harold and has a frenemy relationship with Susie, and Susie treats Harold with respect but has a rivalry with Angelica.
- Picture Day: The episode "Picture Imperfect" is about this.
- Playing a Tree: In "Tree's a Crowd", Angelica is cast as the Cherry Tree in a play about George Washington.
- School Play: The episode "Tree's a Crowd".
- Super-Deformed: The show's artstyle.
- Two Girls and a Guy: The main trio consists of Angelica (female), Susie (female), and Harold (male).