about a roach named Rube with a high-tech shell.
Caught in a trap late one night.
He got away fast, but he didn't feel right.
Nowhere to hide, so he started to run.
Instead of a swat, HE GOT A CHIP ON HIS BUG!!
Now he's the roach with the most. Roboroach. (ROACH!)
He don't like to boast. Roboroach. (ROACH!)
Like his brother Reg (he's got all the edge).
Roboroach and Reg!
Roboroach (and Reg).
The show follows Rubin Roach, a cockroach living in the city of Vexburg, which is situated inside the walls of a laboratory. One night, Rubin was caught by scientists and become a guinea pig for an experiment, wherein he had microchips inserted into his body. He was saved by his brother Reginald, but as they were escaping, Rube jumps into a wall socket and gets a nasty shock, which changes him into a powerful cyborg cockroach called "Roboroach". Now Roboroach uses his powers to defend the city from all sorts of evil, while living with his brother Reg, who doesn't like living in their tiny house and wants to be rich.
The series ran from December 2nd, 2002 to June 22nd, 2004, and had two seasons.
Roboroach contains examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Rubin Roach and Reginald Roach.
- Big Little Brother: Rubin is a lot bigger than his older brother, Reg.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Sterling Uberbucks.
- Cyborg: Rubin Roach, the titular Roboroach.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Mandible Lecter is a wanted bug eater, but he won't eat anyone who has an unhealthy diet, which is why he refused to eat Reg.
- Honor Before Reason: Rubin vowed never to use his powers for personal gain. Though he sticks to those guns so much that, as a result, he and Reg live in poverty.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: Rubin's heart is definitely bigger than his brain.
- Mouse World: Well, Cockroach World is more accurate, but this can apply to the city of Vexburg.