Ricky Sprocket: Showbiz Boy, a Canadian animated series produced by Studio B Productions and created by the husband-and-wife animation duo David Fine and Alison Snowden (previously known for Nelvana's primetime animated sitcom Bob and Margaret). The show aired on Nicktoons and Teletoon for 2 seasons and 25 episodes between 2007 and 2009.
The show is about the eponymous Ricky Sprocket, a highly successful child actor working for Wishworks Studio, owned by Mr. Louie Fischburger. While Ricky's only 10 years old, he already has practically everything that a kid could ask for. However, unlike most child stars, Ricky doesn't let showbiz and celebrity get to his head, because deep down, he's still just a average kid with average kid problems. When not battling animatronic alien invaders on the silver screen (usually under the direction of Wolf Wolinski), he's doing chores and homework or hanging with his friends Benny Newford, Morris Moony, Jamal Pennycook, and Alice Applewood. Of course, he also has to put up with his share of troubles, be it his mother Bunny's disapproval of his "showbiz shenanigans", the bizarre sausage-themed life advice of his father Leonard, the scheming of his little sister Ethel, or the envy of his spoiled archenemy and fellow child star Kitten Kaboodle.
Ricky Sprocket's tropes include:
- Creepy Crossdresser: In one episode, Ricky became Vicky Sprocket.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Ricky was with a talking monkey in one of the episodes.
- Evil Teacher: The main villain of "Moby Rick", voiced by Ian James Corlett.
- Only Sane Man: Ricky himself, compared to the rest of the cast.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Ricky and sometimes Kitten.