Problem Child is an animated series produced by Universal Cartoon Studios, based on the Problem Child films. It ran from 1993 to 1994, on the USA Cartoon Express, and followed the continuing adventures of Junior Healy and his hapless neighbors.
Tropes associated with this series:
- Art Evolution: The first season was very toony. The second season was semi-realistic. Part of this was due to a switch in animation studios; the first season was co-produced at D'Ocon Films in Spain, while the second was co-produced at Lacewood Productions in Canada, and used Akom as its overseas studio.
- Cartoon Creature: Junior's pet...monkey-lizard thing? Seriously, what was it supposed to be? An alien? Some sort of escaped lab experiment? Just some weird creature? What is it? A mole?
- Expy: Cyndi appears to be a nicer version of Trixie from Problem Child 2.
- HeelFace Turn: Murph. After Junior rescued him from detention, if the season one opening would indicate.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Gilbert Gottfried as Peabody.
- Role Reprisal:
- Gilbert Gottfried is the only one from the movies to be in this series, voicing Mr. Peabody once again.
- The Latin American Spanish dub brings back the entire dub voice cast from the films.
- Ship Tease: Junior and Cyndi, since they always stick together.
- Single-Minded Twins: Betsy and Ross.
- Stalker Without a Crush: In the episode "Junior & The Clown", Junior finds himself stalked by a clown. He is creeped out, not liking clowns in the first place. The episode reveals that the clown is simply obsessed with his failure to make the boy laugh, and keeps trying to get appreciation for his performance.
- Youthful Freckles: Junior gains them in the second season.