Princess Natasha is a flash cartoon that was developed by Larry Schwarz for AOL Kids. The episodes were released between 2003 and 2006 and total 44 episodes overall, each running between 6 and 12 minutes apiece. The show has been featured on Cartoon Network, ABC Kids, and included products such as a game adaptation through Nintendo and a line of chapter books.
Natasha is the princess of the fictional Zoravia, which is composed of two parts: an old side and a new side. The old side holds all of the country's landmarks while the new side is more technologically advanced. The country is ruled over by King Karl, but was previously ruled over by his older brother Lubek. Lubek had been crowned king after the death of their father, but was ousted due to the kingdom unanimously disliking and voting against him. Upset, Lubek moved outside of the country and launched a series of attacks against Zoravia from the United States.
In order to stop these attacks the ruling family reluctantly allows their daughter Natasha to travel to the United States in order to stop Lubek's plans. However, she must keep her status of royalty and as a spy secret. While in the States, Natasha lives with the O'Brien family. Natasha develops a crush on their son Greg, who already has a girlfriend named Kelly. She also meets Maya, a tomboyish young girl who soon becomes one of Natasha's closest friends. Natasha is assisted by Oleg, an adult Zoravia scientist who is short enough and young-looking enough to pass as a student. School life is awkward for Natasha and is made more so by her duties to the crown, as she must sneak off to combat Lubek's latest plans.
- 0% Approval Rating: As king, Lubek was despised by the entire kingdom of Zoravia.
- Alpha Bitch: Greg's girlfriend Kelly.
- The Cheerleader: Kelly in spades in issue #2 of the comic book. Natasha has to become one as Lubek is using the squadron to transmit codes through their routines.
- Clark Kenting: Taken to extremes. Natasha doesn't even try to hide her identity, simply just wearing normal clothes when she goes to school instead of her princess gown or spy catsuit, and yet she has everyone completely fooled.
- Comic-Book Adaptation: A four-issue miniseries from DC Comics in 2005. The first issue details Natasha's transfer to America to keep tabs on Lubek.
- Elective Monarchy: King Lubek was voted off the throne by the citizens of Zoravia, and his brother Karl Offered the Crown instead.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: The show's tagline is "Student - Secret Agent - Princess!"
- Evil Uncle: Natasha's arch nemesis is her uncle Lubek who seeks to take the throne of Zoravia for himself.
- Foreign Exchange Student: Both Natasha and her fellow spy Oleg Boynski are undercover as exchange students. Natasha comes across as fairly normal, while Oleg falls into Funny Foreigner territory.
- Funny Foreigner: Natasha's fellow spy and exchange student Oleg Boynski fills this role.
- Happily Married: King Karl and Queen Leena.
- Offered the Crown: King Karl was installed on the throne after the citizens of Zoravia voted his older brother Lubek out of office.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: The royals of Zoravia undertake secret missions to keep the country safe.
- Ruritania: Zoravia is a small European kingdom that is half quaint tourist trap, half technological utopia.
- Skunk Stripe: Natasha has two distinctive blonde streaks running through her brown hair.
- Spy Catsuit: Natasha wears a high-tech black one when she goes into action.
- Technology Marches On: Natasha communicates with her dad through her "Booferberry" phone, which is an in-universe version of the Blackberry phone.
- Teen Superspy: Natasha is a teen balancing school and secret missions to protect Zoravia.
- Unexplained Accent: Oddly enough, Natasha has an American accent and talks like an American teenager, despite being from a European country. Her dad has a British-sounding accent. Oleg and Lubek are the only Zoravians with foreign-sounding accents (both which sound vaguely Russian).
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World: Natasha is a secret agent posing as a high school student who must thwart Lubek's schemes without exposing her identity as a princess or a spy.