You are the cutest and funniest dragon there is.
As soon as you arrive here, the joy is unleashed.
You are an exuberant type, full of vitality.
The pizza with strawberries that charge gives you."''
- — The theme song
Prezzemolo is a 2002 Italian animated series based on the mascots of the amusement park Gardaland and consisting of 26 11-minute episodes that tell a continuous story. The main character is the eponymous dragon Prezzemolo (Italian for "parsley") who gains temporary superpowers by eating strawberry pizza. Along with wisecracking bat Mousley, Love Interest Princess Aurora, local Gadgeteer Genius Bambù the panda, ditzy seagull Pagui, and the two-faced tiger Ti-Gey, he travels across the galaxy in a device called the Globosphere, looking for the four magical elements needed to defeat the evil witch Zenda, who is trying to become immortal.
It's better than it sounds.
This show provides examples of:
- Embarrassing First Name: "Prezzemolo" means "parsley," a fact that Ti-Gey makes fun of.
- Interspecies Romance: Between Prezzemolo the dragon and Aurora the human.
- Malaproper: Pagui's shtick is to mix up words. He is then promptly corrected by somebody else.
- The Smurfette Principle: Aurora is the only female out of the main characters.
- Token Human: Aurora is the only human in a cast of animal characters.
- Wicked Stepmother: It turns out that Aurora's stepmother is actually Zenda.