PopPixie is a Short-Lived miniseries featuring Super-Deformed pixie characters. These pixies were first seen in Season 2 of Winx Club, but aside from that, there's no relation to Winx. It's been called a Spin-Off of Winx Club by some, but it was not advertised as one. The show is set in the village of Pixieville, where pixies, gnomes, elves, and talking animals go about their daily lives. In the city's center is the Tree of Life, which grows "Magic Pops." When a pixie uses his or her powers for goodness, he or she may be given a Pop and become a "PopPixie."
The show is aimed at a much younger set compared to Winx Club and never really caught on. While the pixies were somewhat popular with younger fans, PopPixie was never meant to be anything more than a limited series. Its only season aired for two months in Italy and no followup episodes were made.
Not to be confused with Pixie Pop.
This series provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe: With the Gender Flips, the Tree of Life playing a different role in the story, and the pixies having transformations (which they didn't have in the series), it's probably not set in the same world of Winx Club.
- Animorphism: Amore accidentally turns herself into a fish in one episode.
- The Barber: Pam is the hairdresser in Pixieville.
- Bed Sheet Ghost: Camilla does this to Damien in episode 17.
- Drives Like Crazy: Lockette weaves in and out of traffic and is not afraid to modify her car on the go to bypass traffic.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Fixit has built many gadgets, such as robot helpers.
- Gender Flip: Livy, Digit, Zing, Glim, and Jolly are boys.
- Grows on Trees: The Magic Pops.
- Invisibility: Camilla's special ability.
- Love Potion: Amore makes these in her shop.
- Magical Girl: Pixies need to transform into Pop Pixies in order to unlock their full powers, though both boys can also transform like this.
- One-Gender Race: Averted. In Winx Club, pixies were all female, but there are male pixies in this series.
- Our Elves Are Different: They're Evil Counterparts to the Pixies.
- Plot Tailored to the Party: Well, the pixies can gain their magic pops for using their talents for goodness, so naturally there are several episodes like this.
- Power of the Storm: Cherie is the Pixie of Weather. She tends to change the weather based on her current mood, from sunny to stormy and back again.
- Runs with Scissors: Pam runs and flies all over the place with her trusty scissors, ready to cut up stuff whenever she needs to.
- Scary Stinging Swarm: In "Camp Pixie," Narcissa, Lockette and Amore are all stung by wasps after disturbing their underground nest.
- Spin-Off: Technically a spinoff of Winx Club, even though Rainbow's official site called it a separate show. Due to the gender flips and absence of the Winx, it seems to be in a different universe entirely.
- Super Strength: Caramel's power.
- Teleport Spam: Lockette can do this when in Pop Pixie form.
- Transformation Trinket: The Magic Pops.
- Uncle Pennybags: Cherie is very wealthy and quite a bit vain, but she's a nice person to be with in general, as long as you can deal with her frequent mood swings.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Morpho can turn himself into anything he wants, like a fish, a lamp, or other people. He can also do this to other people as well, though he's a bit more limited in that aspect.
- World Tree: The Tree of Life, the source of magic.