Pixel Pinkie is an Australian/Canadian and British animated television series produced and created by Blue Rocket Productions in association with the Nine Network and principally funded by The Film Finance Corporation Australia. It started airing on 29 August 2009.
Pixel Pinkie is about two girls, Nina and Anni. On her birthday Nina gets a mobile cellphone with a digital genie named Pixel Pinkie in it which can make her wishes come true. But Nina and Anni have to keep Pixel Pinkie away from others. They have to keep it as a secret. Each episode sees the girls wishing for something from Pixel Pinkie then offending her when their wish goes wrong, leaving the girls to solve their problem alone.
Pixel Pinkie contains examples of:
- All-Cheering All the Time: Happens to Nina in "The 'B' Word" when a carelessly worded statement (that she wished she could be as enthusiastic about cheering for basketball as Pinkie) to Literal Genie Pinkie causes her start speaking in cheers every time someone mentions the word "basketball".
- Alliterative Name: Pixel Pinkie.
- Alpha Bitch: Suzi is the school's alpha bitch who immediately marks Nina as a target for her strange clothes and Amazingly Embarrassing Parents.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Nina dearly loves her Hippie Parents, but she does wish they would act a tad more conventionally in public.
- Cosmetic Catastrophe: Happens when Pinkie uses her powers to perform a makeover on Nina and Anni. They actually wanted a house makeover.
- Genie in a Bottle: Pinkie is a digital genie imprisoned in a really old cell phone. When Nina frees her, Pixie becomes her servant. This appears to be an unlimited wishes deal, and Pixie is Nina's servant so long as Nina owns the phone. At first, Nina doesn't seem the least bit impressed with any of this.
- Girl Posse: Suzi has a pair of side girls whose sole function is to attempt to agree with Suzi more than the other.
- Hippie Parents: Nina's parents, Zeph and Fern. They wear tie-dyed clothes, are vegetarians, keep chickens in the backyard, and drive an VW Kombi powered by biofuel.
- Literal Genie: Pinkie tends to a fairly literal approach to granting any wishes she is given.
- Our Genies Are Different: Pinkie is a digital genie trapped in a really old mobile phone. She has to grant unlimited wishes to whomever owns the phone. She is generally well-meaning, but often falls into Literal Genie territory.
- Secret Keeper: Anni is the only one besides Nina who knows about Pixel Pinkie, and often has to make up cover stories when Pinkie's magic causes thing to go awry.