Pip Ahoy! Is an animated series from the legendary British animation company Cosgrove Hall (now CHF Entertainment), the first new production from the company since it's disbanding in 2009 (and subsequent reform in 2011). The show is a Slice of Life Edutainment Show series for preschoolers set in the town of Salty Cove, centered around the life of Pip the dog, and his friends Alba the cat, Alan the Penguin, Pasty the crab and Hopper the one-legged seagull. Aiding the kids are Pip's uncle Skipper, Alba's aunt Twitcher, train conductor Mr. Morris, and a host of many other colorful characters.
The show airs on Channel Five during the Milkshake! slot, and on Cartoonito, in the UK.
- Aerith and Bob: Morris is a pretty common name. Twitcher, on the other hand...
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: The Squiblets. Also, pink octopuses. However, that's about as far as it gets, it's averted in most parts.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Pip and Skipper.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: It seems that Skipper is pretty fond of doing this, often addressing the viewers directly.
- Cute Kitten: Alba.
- Edutainment Game/Licensed Game/iOS Game: One for Android devices, via Google Play Store and Amazon AppStore, and for iOS. The iOS version was released a fortnight after the Android version. The Android version is coded in Adobe Flash, which most likely explains the delay of the iOS version (it needed porting to Objective-C).
- Edutainment Show: For toddlers and preschoolers.
- Free-Range Children: Pip and Alba apparently has free reign to go around town without parental supervision.
- Feather Fingers: Mr. Morris, being an oversized parrot.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Alba the kitten.
- Inspirationally Disabled: Hopper, a seagull with only one leg, is of Type A.
- Inexplicably Tailless: The main characters don't have tails.
- Invisible Parents: Pasty and Hopper's parents are never mentioned in the show.
- No Antagonist: Being a Slice of Life-focused show for Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers.
- The Kiddie Ride: The Bucket, Uncle Skipper's boat, is being produced as one since early 2015.
- Kids Prefer Boxes: It seems that Pasty has an affinity for cardboard boxes.
- Parental Substitute: Skipper and Twitcher are both adult guides for Pip and Alba respectively.
- Precious Puppies: Pip.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Pip and Alba. Heck, most of the characters are ridiculously cute in design.
- Slice of Life: It's one of those shows, in the footsteps of Postman Pat: Special Delivery Service.
- Sugar Bowl: Salty Cove appears to be one.