Pinocchio 3000 (or P3K, Pinocchio the Robot) is a 2004 Canadian-French-Spanish computer-animated film by Christal Films.
It is a science fiction re-imagination of the classic story The Adventures of Pinocchio. The movie is set in Scamboville, a city with futuristic feel that is governed by Scamboli. In this version of the tale, Pinocchio is a robot who is brought to life by tapping into a city's power surge as a parallel to to original tale where he's a puppet animated by magic.
Pinocchio tries to fit among humans and wants to live with them despite having various difficulties. He's frustrated with people, but eventually he overcomes his struggles. Most of the story bits, elements and characters have been re-tooled in some other forms.
This movie provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion: After Pinocchio becomes a real boy, Cyberina says "Who were you expecting? The Tooth Fairy?" Just like another fairy-type character voiced by Whoopi Goldberg.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Scamboli is an evil overlord who wants to build a technological city "Scamboville" and plans to get rid of all nature. He hates all children — but he does love his daughter.
- Evil Overlooker: The poster above has Scamboli looking down on Pinocchio and everyone else with a sinister grin.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: It's astonishing that anybody would trust a man named Scamboli.
- Reversible Roboticizing: Scamboli creates a machine designed to turn human children into robots, which he himself winds up getting turned into too at the end. Luckily the process is reversible and the children are turned back to normal.