Based on one of the first pilots made by Cartoon Network Development Studios Europenote , the series is about the titular Pinky Malinky, a boy who is a literal weenie thanks to an odd genetic defect. Alongside his human pals Babs Buttman and JJ Jameson, Pinky's goal is to become more like a winner and less like a wiener.
Nickelodeon greenlit the series in 2015, but after a few years of silence, it eventually came to light that the series would be exclusive to Netflix and premiere Summer 2018. It was then delayed again, with all 28 episodes finally releasing onto the streaming service on January 1, 2019, making it the first Western animated TV series to premiere that year.note
The show had ended on July 17, 2019.
This show contains examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Babs Buttman, JJ Jameson.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Pinky himself is a weenie. Onions from the pilot is an onion.
- Art Shift: The humans in the series look more cartoonish than the ones in the pilot.
- Cool Loser: Pinky, as stated in the pilot. Everybody even calls him a wiener.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Onions from the pilot is...well, an onion!
- Funny Afro: Babs.
- Two Guys and a Girl: Pinky, JJ, and Babs.
- Visual Pun: Pinky is a weenie, and everybody at school even calls him a wiener.
- White Gloves: Worn by Pinky.
- Unfortunate Names: Babs Buttman, anyone?