New York City is facing a new threat. A mysterious criminal mastermind with a ridiculously scarred face is threatening to destroy the city's infrastructure with a computer virus that's been let into its network. He will only relent if he's paid one billion dollars.
Who can save the city? Unbelievably, the city's best hope comes not from the most awesome Cowboy Cop the city can employ. Nope, it comes from, get this, wheelchair-bound police Lieutenant Alex Tanner (Edouard Baer/Jared Padalecki) and young Leo (Gaspard Gagnol/Marcus D'Angelo), a young boy with cancer who has the ability to leave his body at will. These two will have to work together to save the city from catastrophe.
The movie was released on September 12th, 2015.
Phantom Boy contains examples of:
- Astral Projection: Leo's condition somehow grants him the ability to leave his body at will and fly all over the city. However, his soul starts disintegrating if he stays out of his body for too long.
- Big Bad: The Face, a crook who plans to destroy the city's infrastructure with a computer virus if his demands aren't met.
- Facial Horror: The Face's face looks like a Picasso painting. Don't believe me? See for yourself.
- Mister Muffykins: The crooks of the movie have a scruffy, yappie, tempermental little dog among their ranks. One of them sums him up nicely.Crook: This dog has the soul of a shark in the body of a squirrel.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The Face's real name is never given.
- The Unreveal: At many points throughout the movie, the audience is set up to think they'll hear how The Face got his scars. Each time, it's averted. It even happens one last time at the end.