P.C. Pinkerton is a British cartoon by Trevor Bond Associates.
The show is set in the quiet, sleepy English town of Cleybourne. The titular character is Bob Pinkerton, a police constable with his wife Jill, his daughter Jane, and his son Peter. The show mainly follows him as he goes about his business in town, helping kids cross the street, biking across town, and whatever else comes up.
The show aired on The BBC on September 13th, 1988. It ran until December 6th the same year.
P.C. Pinkerton contains examples of:
- All Girls Like Ponies: Joanna Beatty. She got separated from her mother by following a police horse.
- Aside Glance: P.C. Pinkerton makes one at the end of "See You In The Morning".
- Black Bead Eyes: Most of the cast has their eyes done like this.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: P.C. Pinkerton talks to the audience quite often.
- Instantly Proven Wrong: In "Rain Rain Go Away", P.C. Pinkerton is telling a kid that it's harder for cars to stop quickly when it's wet. Immediately after, a car comes to a screeching halt in front of a cat that's crossing the street.
- Medium Blending: In "Slipper", the kids are shown a live-action film of a police dog going through training.
- Missing Child: In "Calling All Units", Mrs. Beatty misplaces her daughter, Joanna. She's quickly located after P.C. Pinkerton puts a search out on her.
- Nuclear Family: The Pinkertons are made up of Bob The Protagonist, his wife Jill, and his kids Jane and Peter.
- Protagonist Title: P.C. Pinkerton, of course.
- Role Called: P.C. Pinkerton (P.C. stands for 'police constable')
- Shout-Out: When trying to decide on a name for their new puppy, Peter suggests "Skeletor".