Ozie Boo! is a French CGI series that aired in 2004, then released for America on DVD two years later.
The series starts the Ozieboos, five adorable penguins named Fred, Ed, Ned, Ted, and Nelly, that live somewhere in Antarctica. Like most preschool shows, its mostly a Slice of Life, though there are few recurring baddies that appear in certain episodes.
Tropes in this series:
- A Dog Named "Dog": There's a pelican in this show, and his name is "Mr. Pelican".
- Ass Shove: Nelly did this with Sky in "A Party For Everyone". At least she apologizes.
- Cute Kitten: Rajah, a baby Siberian tiger who's a loyal friend of the Ozieboos.
- Five-Man Band: The Ozieboos are five baby penguins who're the title characters and stars of this show.
- Leave Me Alone!: This happens with Ed in "The Photos" and "Ed Crusoe".
- Misplaced Wildlife: We can assume it's Antarctica because of penguins and killer whales, but we also get Beluga and Polar bear cubs (which are in the North Pole), leopards (which these types are founded in Asia), pelicans, starfish and seahorses (which can't survive in cold conditions).
- Odd Name Out: All of the boys usually have "ed" at the end of their names (Including, of course, Ed), while the one girl is named "Nelly".
- Theme Twin Naming:
- The two polar bear cubs are named Mikky and Nikky.
- The two baby belugas are named Wally and Polly.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Everyone seems to like cookies.
- Unwanted Assistance: Whenever Ed's the focus of the episode, he doesn't like it if anyone bothers him.