Outer Space Astronauts is a TV series about the crew of the spaceship OSS Oklahoma and their adventures in space. The show is built on the fact that everyone is hilariously incompetent at their job as well as quite a bit crazy.
Everything is (badly) animated, except for the heads of the characters. Those are all played by actors and greenscreened onto the animated bodies. This contributes to the silly feel of the show quite well.
Outer Space Astronauts Provided Examples Of
- Anachronism Stew:Pay phones will still be a common sight well into the future apparently and that's just the start.
- Eating the Enemy: After the cuddle puff knocks out most of the human crew Kak comes in, mistakes the puff for a snack, and simply eats it.
- Economy Cast: The state of the art OSS Oklahoma has a crew of ten.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Kak the red-skinned and scantily-clad alien girl who otherwise looks (outwardly) human.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: Parodied. "These readings are off the chart!" "Well, they're on the chart; they're just, near the top."