Donald Duck is a tree pruner who does his work on a tree where Chip and Dale reside, and once he spots Dale gathering nuts, he decides to have a little fun with him by sawing the branch he was walking in and smearing it with tar. From that point on, Donald then proceeds to harass the two chipmunks with his leaf cutter.
- Bottle Episode: The entire cartoon takes place in an empty field where Chip and Dale's tree is, as well as the tree itself.
- Dope Slap: Chip slaps Dale as the latter tries to warn him about Donald's leaf cutter.
- Electric Slide: Just as Donald is about to shred Chip and Dale with his lawnmower, the two rodents then push away some leaves to reveal a power line which the duck runs into.
- Filching Food for Fun: Right when Donald corners Chip and Dale with his leaf cutter, the cutter then notices the nuts the chipmunk duo has gathered and proceeds to crack them open and eat them one-by-one.
- Hammered into the Ground: When Chip notices that Donald is eating their nuts, he and Dale push in a rock with a stick, which Donald, thinking that it's just a really heavy nut, then proceeds to pick up with his leaf cutter and drop it onto himself, with predictable results. Only his hat remains above ground level.
- High-Pressure Emotion: Donald is literally steaming with rage once Chip and Dale hold up his hat after having him driven into the earth by a rock.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Donald gets what's coming to him after terrorizing Chip and Dale for a majority of the short; he gets a rock dropped on him, he runs above a power line and gets electrocuted, and last but not least, gets covered in tar and leaves by Chip and Dale.
- Narrative Shapeshifting: Dale warns Chip about Donald's leaf cutter by extending his neck, stretching his snout and chattering rapidly to imitate the cutter.
- "Oh, Crap!" Smile: Once Donald realizes that he's on a high-voltage power line, he lets out a pathetic laugh towards the audience before the power line vibrates and electrocutes him.
- Reduced to Dust: After Donald is electrocuted on the power line, his lawnmower then disintegrates into ashes before he falls into a pile of leaves.
- Sticky Situation: The first thing Donald does when he sees Dale gathering nuts is to slice off the branch leading to the hole and cover it in tar. When Dale walks out, he comes in contact with the tar and almost falls off, and when he tries to break free, he recoils into the hole and collides with Chip. The two chipmunks then have a little scuffle with some tar on Dale's hand, and at the end of the cartoon, after defeating Donald, they celebrate when it's shown that Chip's hand has gotten stuck to Dale's again.
- Tar and Feathers: Tar and leaves, actually. This is Donald's fate at the end of the cartoon.
- Tightrope Walking: While chasing Chip and Dale in the tree, Donald tiptoes on a stick leading to another branch.
- Tree Trunk Tour: Non-video game example. Much of the short takes place in Chip and Dale's tree.
- Wingding Eyes: Donald gets plus signs in his eyes as he is Hammered into the Ground by the rock.