Ollie! (aka Ollie! The Boy Who Became What He Ate) is a 2017 CBC Kids animated show produced by Radical Sheep Productions (Fangbone!, The Bagel and Becky Show) and based on the children's book of the same name.
The show centers around a boy named Ollie, a fussy eater who is transported to a different world and who gains superpowers that depends on what food he ate recently. Together with his sister Poppy and her stuffed rabbit, Nummy, they go on crazy adventures, with Ollie learning about how it's important to eat a healthy food diet.
The show ran for two series from February 2017 to April 2019.
This show contains the following tropes:
- Bunnies for Cuteness: Poppy has a stuffed rabbit called Nummy, a cute toy that is used to emphasize her youthfulness and innocence.
- Catchphrase: "Go go X power" (with X being the food of the day)
- Girlish Pigtails: Poppy has braided pigtails to emphasize the fact that she's a girl.
- Henshin Hero: In the alternate world his spoon takes him to, Ollie can transform and gain powers by eating the special food.
- Living Toy: Happens to Nummy the stuffed rabbit when the spoon reacts.
- Magical Accessory - The spoon reacts to the food of the day and teleports Ollie into a different world.
- Picky Eater: Ollie always rejects the food that his mom offers at the start of the show.