O'Grady was the first original animated series on Nickelodeon's The N (now known as TeenNick). The show revolved around four normal teenagers in a suburban town. In each episode, the teens must cope with a different paranormal phenomenon that they call the "Weirdness". Kevin, Abby, Harold, and Beth's lives are complicated enough, and the "Weirdness" adds a hilarious twist.
This series contains examples of:
- Brutal Honesty: In one episode the weirdness caused people to blurt out the truth.
- Subverted in "Cop 'Stache", where nobody could tell a lie.
- City of Weirdos: The premise was a town where odd things happened on a daily basis.
- Compliment Backfire: Kevin actually openly adored the new outfit Abby got at the end of one episode. Unfortunately, the weirdness that episode was forcing everyone to compliment or agree whenever they tried to talk someone down. Nobody told her that The Weirdness had worn off already, so naturally she assumed that was what was happening and took it as a grievous insult.
- Couch Gag: In the early episodes, Kevin and Abby open the show with different dialogue and different toppings on their pizza each week. Also, each episode begins with the O'Grady logo changing itself to correspond with The Weirdness displayed in each different episode (for example, the logo clones itself in the "Clones" episode).
- Deadpan Snarker: Usually in exchanges between Kevin and Abby. But in most cases, Kevin is often the repeat snarker.
- Crash-Into Hello: Abby does this often with Pete Klesko on purpose.
- Drunk with Power: Phillip says this in the episode "remotes".
- Egg Sitting: With electronic dolls, in the aptly-named episode Robo-babies.
- Emo Teen: Derrick, the guy Abby likes in the episode, "Big Jerk on Campus".
- I Can't Believe It's Not Heroin!: The episode where the school has to give up sugar, as well as Iris' love of chocolate.Iris: Iris ate much chocolate. Iris love chocolate.
- Left the Background Music On: One episode had music from nowhere as the day's "Weirdness".
- Monster of the Week: The Weirdness, which always changes itself at the worst possible time for the cast.
- The Noseless: Male characters have noses; female characters do not.
- Single Girl Seeks Most Popular Guy: Abby has a crush on Pete Klesko, even though he can't remember her name.
- Talent Show: The "O'Grady Idol" episode revolves around the upcoming talent show.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: It's painfully obvious Kevin and Abby have a thing for each other that they both refuse to admit. It never gets resolved.