Marvel Universe was a programming block that aired on Disney XD, consisting of material based on properties originated by Marvel Comics. It was discontinued in 2015, though the remaining shows continue to air under the banner of Marvel on Disney XD.
The block featured animated series, shorts such as Marvel Mash-Up, as well as behind-the-scenes looks at the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The block's shows exist within their own self-contained universe/canon continuity (which may or may not be part of the Disney Channel Live-Action Universe, since Ultimate Spider-Man crossed over with Jessie in one episode).
Shows featured on this block include:
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
- Avengers, Assemble!
- Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2015)
- Gag Dub / Stock Footage: In the vein of Sealab 2021, the comedic Marvel Mash-Up shorts use animation from older series such as Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Thanos for the entire Marvel Animated Universe (excluding EMH, which isn't part of it's continuity).
- Oddball in the Series: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (which aired its first season before this block premiered) boasts a completely different visual style, a mostly different set of voice actors, and a more mature tone than the other cartoons featured. It is implied that, if it shares any continuity with the rest at all, it's through some very Broad Strokes, seeing how it features different versions of, amongst others, Falcon and Spider-Man.
- Out of Focus: The Fantastic Four and the X-Men are acknowledged to exist, but other than a few mentions and one-off appearances by the Thing and Wolverine they don't show up. This is probably because the Disney XD block mainly serves to promote the MCU.
- Truer to the Text: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is the most faithful adaptation of the Marvel Comics series as well as the superhero team The Avengers and the mainstream (both original and modern) Marvel comics in general compared to the other cartoons featured in this block.
- Wolverine Publicity: True of most The Avengers, but especially the Hulk. He not only gets his own cartoon, but also a lead role in Avengers Assemble, and has been the Avenger with the most guest appearances on Ultimate Spider-Man.