This show is animated using the same software that Peppa Pig is animated with.
Tropes that apply to this series:
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Mama Mirabelle and her mom only wear hats.
- Bat Out of Hell: Slightly averted with a young bat named Merlin.
- Crossdressing Voices: Max and Bo were voiced by females. Max was voiced by Teresa Gallagher, and Bo was voiced by Jules de Jongh.
- Disembodied Eyebrows: This one goes one step further— certain of the characters, most notably Karla, as a member of the main cast, appear to have a disembodied eye when shown in profile.
- Honorable Elephant: Mama Mirabelle and her son Max
- Humanlike Foot Anatomy: Bo and Karla. The former has feet that are just toes and the latter has feet that are just hooves.
- Medium Blending: The home movies that Mama Mirabelle shows to the children are live-action clips of African animals.
- Once per Episode: The home movies.
- Partially Civilized Animal: Mama Mirabelle and the other animals live in the savanna and are naked like normal animals, but they can talk and even watch movie clips.
- Roger Rabbit Effect: Shows up periodically during the live-action animal clips described above.
- Shout-Out: The animals' silhouettes popping in and out from the edges of the screen during the home movies are reminiscent of Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- Sick Episode: "Healthy Habits" - Max catches a cold and learns that it's important to rest when not feeling well and that everyone gets sick sometimes, even if they follow the healthy habits described in the episode's title.
- Sliding Scale of Animal Communication: Level 7
- Title Theme Tune