Yosemite Sam of Outer Space arrives on earth in search of a creature to capture and bring back to his planet, and sets his eyes on Bugs. Unfortunately, he and his team of robots are no match for the rabbit's wits...and his homemade gadgets built from war surplus junk.
Tropes appearing in this cartoon:
- Ash Face: Sam doesn't notice that his jetpack has been replaced by a live powder keg. He finds out only when he's one word away from completing his Phlebotinum...
- (feebly) "Space?"
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Pointing in the direction he wants his jetpack to go, Sam goes, "YOSEMITE SAM OF OUTER SPACE!"
- Heli-Critter: Bugs is able to fly away by spinning his ears like a helicopter.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: When each robot in the Demolition Squad dumps a live powder keg down a metal shaft, Bugs counters by tossing a huge magnet inside. Bye-bye, Squad.
- I Surrender, Suckers: Bugs installs a time bomb on his robot and dresses it up like himself, then sends it to Sam to surrender. He listens over on his ham radio as the robot is presented to Sam's leader, just as it explodes.Commander: Geez, those Earth creatures, always shooting off their mouths.
- Jet Pack: Sam uses one to get around. At one point, Bugs replaces it with a TNT keg.
- Schmuck Bait: As a robot is sent to get Bugs, Bugs makes a robot of his own to deal with it. Robot Bugs agrees to go with Sam's robot, on the condition that he doesn't press the button on its torso. Sam's robot, balking at being told what not to do, presses the button... and is hit with an Extendo Boxing Glove that pulverizes it.