Yosemite Sam of Outer Space arrives on earth in search of a creature to capture and bring back to his planet, then sets his eyes on Bugs. Unfortunately, he and his team of robots are no match for the rabbit's wits... and his homemade gadgets built from war surplus junk.
Tropes appearing in this cartoon:
- Ash Face: Sam doesn't notice that his jetpack has been replaced by a live powder keg. He finds out only when he's one word away from completing his Phlebotinum...
- (feebly) "Space?" note
- The CBS version of this cartoon cuts the part where Bugs replaces Yosemite Sam's rocket pack with a stick of dynamite ("Yosemite Sam from outer [boom!]...space?")
- The FOX and The WB airings of this cartoon left in the dynamite/rocket pack part, but cut out the very end, where Bugs after listening to the radio broadcast of Yosemite Sam and his planet getting blown up, fiddles with the radio dial and says, "I wonder if Amos and Andy is on yet"note , instead irising-out on the close-up of the radio as we hear the robotic Bugs decoy explode.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Pointing in the direction he wants his jetpack to go, Sam goes, "YOSEMITE SAM OF OUTER SPACE!"
- Heli-Critter: Bugs is able to fly away by spinning his ears like a helicopter.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: When each robot in the Demolition Squad dumps a live powder keg down a metal shaft, Bugs counters by tossing a huge magnet inside. Bye-bye, Squad.
- I Surrender, Suckers: Bugs installs a time bomb in a robot and dresses it up like himself, then sends it out when Sam orders him to surrender. He tunes in on his ham radio just as the robot is presented to Sam's leader and explodes.Commander: Geez, those Earth creatures, always shooting off their mouths.
- Instantly Proven Wrong: Bugs first demonstrates his Heli-Critter ability when Sam boasts that Earth creatures can't maneuver as well as someone with a Jet Pack.
- Jet Pack: Sam uses one to get around. At one point, Bugs replaces it with a TNT keg.
- Schmuck Bait: As Sam sends a robot to get Bugs, Bugs makes a robot of his own to deal with it. Bugs' robot agrees to go with Sam's robot, on the condition that it doesn't press the button on the other's torso. Sam's robot, balking at being told what not to do, presses the button... and is hit with an Extendo Boxing Glove that pulverizes it.