A Netflix series that focuses on Kong (not the original King Kong, but a different one) and is set in the future.
Needs Wiki Magic Love
Tropes present in this series:
- Adaptational Heroism: Like in most incarnations, Kong is shown in a heroic light.
- And the Adventure Continues: The final scene of the series is Kong and the team being called on to save Japanese fishing vessels from a giant jellyfish.
- Animation Bump: The art and animation changed to be more detailed in season 2.
- Beneath the Earth: The second season shows there is a prehistoric Lost World filled with dinosaurs which is the place where Kong came from.
- Big Bad: Richard Remy serves as the show's antagonist in the first season.
- The Bus Came Back: Richard vanishes for most of season 2 but returns for the final showdown.
- Cain and Abel: Richard is the Cain to Lukas' Abel.
- Crossover: With Tarzan and Jane.
- Evil Twin: Richard is definitely this.
- Eye Scream: As a result of a lab accident, Richard's eye has been replaced with a mechanical one.
- Genre Savvy: When Danny finds a key in the ruins of an underground city, he states he has played enough video games to know that such an item is important.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Richard has greatly resented Lukas since their childhood.
- Hero of Another Story: The A.I. controlled shipping tanker in the episode Cave-in engages Botila in a cybernetic battle of wills, is equipped with state of the art defences and argues effectively against her points of view. He hints at having had an interesting existence so far.
- Mythology Gag:
- The second episode features a giant anaconda that Kong fights as a possible reference to his 1976 counterpart.
- While in New York City, the protagonists take a moment to gawk at the Empire State Building.
Danny: What's that little building down there?
Franciska: I dunno, some kind of historical monument? I guess it was the biggest skyscraper around, like, a million years ago.
- Never My Fault: Richard blames Kong for the lab accident when he brought it upon himself by using the laser his father warned him never to use. After all, Kong burst into the lab to save his life, but Richard refuses to thank him.
- Put on a Bus: Resident veterinarian Amy disappears at the end of season 1. Mention is made of her returning to China.
- Robot Girl: Richard's android assistant Botila.
- The Starscream: Botila schemes against Richard and eventually betrays him outright.
- Stock Dinosaurs: The main bionobot types are Tyrannosaurs, Pterosaurs, and Triceratops.
- Tagalong Kid: Two in fact: Danny and Panchi.
- Team Mom: Anita, to the point where she considers the whole team her family and treats all of them, including Kong, as her children.
- Ungrateful Bastard: In the first episode, Kong saves Richard from the explosion in his father's lab, but instead of thanking him, he blames Kong for getting him hurt.