Koji is an animated short created and directed by Alexander Snow, and animated by Studio Mir in collaboration with Wolfbat Studios.
As an infant, Koji (Martha Marion) was aboard a small ship that crashed on a vibrant earth-like world, inhabited by amazing alien creatures and hybrid Earth animals. He was discovered by Tako (Robbie Daymond), a giant blue feline creature with the power of water and ice, who adopted him, creating an inseparable bond of brothers. As Koji grows older, he gains the power of lightning, in both power and speed.
Years later, an evil known as the Robot King and his mechanical army wish to take over the land, and Koji and Tako must go on a journey to stop him. Along the way, they make allies and discover more about themselves than they knew.
The short was first released on November 5th, 2018.
Tropes in this short include:
- Ambiguously Brown: Harper.
- Badass Adorable: Koji is just a little kid, but it doesn't negate his awesome fighting skills one bit.
- Character Title: Named for Koji, the main protagonist.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Koji goes barefoot, presumably due to being essentially raised by animals.
- Lead You Can Relate To: Snow chose to have Koji and Tako be adoptive siblings due to the lack of representation for this group.
- One-Man Army: Koji and Tako take down an army of robot soldiers all by themselves and win without so much as a scratch.
- Shock and Awe: Koji has the power of lightning.