Kama Sutra Rides Again is a 1971 animated short film (9 minutes) directed by Bob Godfrey.
Stanley and Ethel are a married couple. The film opens with a shot of Stanley and Ethel sitting on their couch in the nude, Ethel knitting while Stanley (voiced by Bob Godfrey) addresses the camera directly. Most of the short consists of Stanley telling the viewer about how he and Ethel keep their sex life fresh. He starts out by describing their exotic sex positions ("The Swastika" looks just like you'd guess). Then he goes on to describe more ornate weird sex, like "Le Guillotine" which involves Ethel being dropped onto Stanley from a platform with a trap door, another game where she drops down to him on a parachute, another game where they ride around outside having sex on a bicycle...
And they're both naked the whole time. In other words, the Animation Age Ghetto is decisively averted.
- Anatomically Impossible Sex: The main gag in the short. It starts out with Stanley and Ethel demonstrating increasingly silly sex positions, like "The Thinker" in which she holds him up in the air with her feet as he adapts the pose of the Rodin statue. It keeps getting sillier from there: one sex game has Ethel tied to the roller bar of a gigantic typewriter, with Stanley tied to a key, as a gigantic hand punches the keyboard to slam him into her.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Stanley and Ethel's weird sex. One game is "The Stapler", in which they're, well, encased in a giant stapler, with Stanley being pushed down onto Ethel.
- Bandage Mummy: Ethel is nearly completely covered up by a full body cast after the trapeze sex stunt goes awry and Stanley drops her.
- Banister Slide: Used for sex, of course, as Stanley slides down a banister to penetrate Ethel, who is waiting at the bottom.
- Continuity Nod: When Stanley and Ethel are having sex on an escalator, they pass a bald man with glasses. It's Henry, from Bob Godfrey's previous X-rated animated short "Henry 9 'til 5".
- Naked on Arrival: Stanley and Ethel are both nude when the cartoon introduces them in their apartment. After a short montage demonstrating their life outside of the bedroom, they're naked for the rest of the short as well.
- No Nudity Taboo: Stanley and Ethel, as demonstrated by how they have sex in public—on an escalator, on a bicycle, on a circus trapeze as a complicated sex stunt.
- Off-into-the-Distance Ending: Ethel is lying in a hospital bed in a full-body cast. After Stanley hoists up her leg cast and obviously starts getting ideas, Ethel pulls the cast off and whacks him on the head with it. She continues to bonk him on the head with the cast as he runs away down the hallway.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Ethel is tall and busty with a thick mane of red hair, while Stanley is quite a bit shorter than her with a pot belly and a bald head.
- Visual Innuendo: As Stanley is first extolling the benefits of spicing up one's sex life.