Jungle Jitters is a 1938 Merrie Melodies animated cartoon.
The film is infamous for being one of the Censored Eleven.
This cartoon contains examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: The queen towards the salesman.
- Alliterative Title: Jungle Jitters.
- Ambiguously Human: The village queen lacks a nose and her face has a sort of bird-like look.
- Asian Speekee Engrish: One of the guards inexplicably has a stereotypical Japanese accent and mannerisms.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The queen greets the audience, and asks their opinion on the salesman's looks.
- Dogface: The salesman.
- Fate Worse than Death: The salesman is so disgusted at the thought of marrying the queen that he decides he'd rather be eaten by the villagers.
- Meat-O-Vision: The villagers see the salesman as a giant roast chicken.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: The salesman is a parody of Al Pearce's character Elmer Blurt, and there's a brief parody of actor Stephen Fetchit.
- Regret Eating Me: The salesman hopes that he gives the villagers indigestion when they eat him.