The series follows Jean-Luc, a small green kid, and Dondoozat, a tall thin orange person with one eye above the other, and his nostrils in between them. In every episode, Jean-Luc would misbehave in some way, and get punished for it, which would result in him writing down what he learned on a piece of paper at the end of every episode.
Jean-Luc & Dondoozat contains examples of:
- All Just a Dream: The Movie-Theater Episode.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Jean-Luc is dark green, Dondoozat is orange.
- An Aesop: Each episode ended with a lesson written by Jean-Luc.
- Beach Episode: In one episode, Jean-Luc steals a kid's ball, and when the kid and his angry father confront him about it, and even in spite of Dondoozat ordering him to give the ball back, Jean-Luc throws it into the sea, which gets Dondoozat beaten up.
- Catapult Nightmare: Dondoozat wakes up from one in the Movie-Theater Episode.
- Corporal Punishment: Dondoozat regularly dealt this out whenever Jean-Luc misbehaved.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: Dondoozat's eyes are positioned so one is above the other, and his nostrils are between them.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: In one episode, while Dondoozat is watering a flower, Jean-Luc is playing with a ball and a racket while wearing a horned helmet. The ball got stuck on Jean-Luc's helmet, and when he turned around, one of the horns hit the pillar the flower was on, knocking it to the ground. Dondoozat got angry at Jean-Luc for this and spanked him.
- Mooning: In "Autoroute", Jean-Luc took to mooning people on the highway, causing whoever saw him baring his butt to crash from the distraction. However, the third car stopped, having been driven by Dondoozat, who chased Jean-Luc and spanked him.
- Movie-Theater Episode: In one episode, Jean-Luc and Dondoozat are at the movies, and Dondoozat keeps making loud noises, much to Jean-Luc's annoyance. It was really a dream Dondoozat was having. It ended with him waking up screaming because Jean-Luc was hitting him.
- Picnic Episode: Jean-Luc and Dondoozat have one. In it, Jean-Luc is catching frogs with a net, and put one he caught into a sandwhich. When Dondoozat finds out, he is less than amused.
- Prank Call: In "Telephone", Jean-Luc called Dondoozat and farted into the phone when he said hello. Dondoozat soon found out and punished him for it.
- Punny Name: Dondoozat. As in "Don't do that".