The show stars Jot, who is nothing more than a white circle with hands and feet. Jot would learn about various Bible teachings in each episode, usually the teachings that indicate what actions are considered a sin. Other usually unnamed characters appear throughout the series as well, and they all look exactly like Jot apart from at least one change, usually hair on their heads.
The TV channel FamilyNet used Jot as its mascot until 2014. During this time, they aired episodes of JOT as part of their "Families on FamilyNet" block. However, episodes were edited by the channel to be 2 minutes long instead of of the original 4 minutes.
This work provides examples of:
- An Aesop: A religious Aesop occurs in every episode, as is the case with most other Christian children's shows.
- Birthday Episode: "Jot's Birthday Party".
- Character Title
- Jesus Taboo: Averted. Mentions of the names God, Jesus, etc. are common on the show.
- Nightmare Sequence: Jot has one in "Jot's Nightmare".
- One-Word Title
- Only Six Faces: Every single character in the show has the same face. The only changes made are hair on the most of the characters' heads.
- Protagonist Title
- The Voice: Every adult remains mostly unseennote , and only their voices are heard when they are present.