An Easter Special, obviously, it essentially consists of three interconnected storylines. Linus insists that they don't have to worry about painting Easter eggs because the Easter Beagle will give Easter eggs to all the good little children on Easter Sunday. No one believes him except, of course, for Sally. Meanwhile, Peppermint Patty is trying to teach Marcie how to make Easter eggs, but Marcie keeps ruining the eggs before they can even get started. Finally, Snoopy has to get Woodstock a new home.
It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown contains examples of:
- Bigger on the Inside: The tiny birdhouse Snoopy got Woodstock has a surprisingly roomy living room with ultramodern furnishing.
- Butt-Monkey: Who else but Charlie Brown? By the time the Easter Beagle (who is his own dog) gets to him, he's ran out of eggs to hand out.
- Christmas Creep: It's just before Easter, but the mall is already set for Christmas:ONLY 246 DAYS UNTIL XMAS
- Easter Bunny: Linus believes in the Easter Beagle instead. It's actually Snoopy, of course.
- Facepalm: Peppermint Patty does this when Marcie eats her Easter egg without taking the shell off. This is after Marcie asked for egg-eating instructions and got them. "Tastes terrible, Sir."
- Idiot Ball: Marcie is considered one of the smartest members of the Peanuts cast, certainly smarter than Peppermint Patty, yet here she seems to know absolutely nothing about Easter eggs.
- Lethal Chef: Peppermint Patty tries to teach Marcie how to make Easter eggs, but Marcie can't get a handle on how to prepare the eggs. First she fries them. Next she tries cooking them on a waffle iron, then a toaster, and then putting them in the oven. Finally, with help from Patty, she boils them... but cracks them open first, resulting in "egg soup".Peppermint Patty: AAUGH!!
- Real After All: The Easter Beagle. Granted, it's just Snoopy stealing the kids' eggs and giving them back to them.Sally: See? Linus was right. There is an Easter Beagle.
Lucy: Some Easter Beagle! He gave me my own egg!
- Recycled Premise: The main plot is essentially recycled from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, with even the title being similar. This is Lampshaded:Linus: Every Easter, the Easter Beagle comes dancing along with his basket full of eggs, which he hands out to all the good little children.
Sally: That sounds faintly familiar. I remember sitting out in a stupid pumpkin patch all night waiting for the Great Pumpkin to come. That was the worst night of my life!
Linus: This is different. That was Halloween. This is Easter.
- Santa Clausmas: Unlike A Charlie Brown Christmas, this special sticks with the secular aspects of its holiday.
- Scooby-Dooby Doors: When the gang gets on the escalator, they go up while Snoopy goes down. They pass each other with only Sally noticing Snoopy passing by. The rest get on another up escalator and again pass Snoopy heading down the other side, without having time to have gotten up two flights of stairs.