A Hanna-Barbera cartoon about the adventures of a con-artist wolf (voiced by Daws Butler with the impersonation of Phil Silvers) who is always trying to cheat his way into the simple life. He is often accompanied by his young, diminutive sidekick, Ding-A-Ling Wolf (voiced by Doug Young with the impersonation of Buddy Hackett), both of whom are featured as part of The Huckleberry Hound Show'' in their own segment.
Hokey Wolf provides examples of:
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Hokey wears only a hat and neckwear.
- Crying Wolf: After reading The Boy Who Cried Wolf to Ding-A-Ling, Hokey tried to steal some sheep hoping the boy herding them wouldn't be taken seriously. It didn't work. It wasn't even known if that boy had pulled the prank in the first place.
- Fractured Fairy Tale: The theme of many Hokey Wolf cartoons.
- Funny Animal: Both the main characters.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Ding-A-Ling where's a shirt and a vest with no pants. (He also wears a Nice Hat)
- Let's Get Dangerous!: In the episode "Robot Plot", Ding-A-Ling beats a robot with a large stick after he sees it strangling Hokey. That scene was enough to qualify little Ding as a Badass Adorable.
- Limited Wardrobe: Subverted, as Ding-A-Ling has both a red and a black hat.
- Nice Hat: Both Hokey and Ding-A-Ling wear them.
- Schemer: Hokey is constantly trying to come up with some clever scheme to either better himself and/or his number two.
- Three Shorts: Hokey became the C segment on The Huckleberry Hound Show in the last two seasons.