Henry's World is a Canadian animated series that premiered in 2002 and was made by Cuppa Coffee Animation (the same folks behind JoJo's Circus), TV Loonland AG (for Season 1 only), AAC Kids, and Alliance Atlantis. It is a Stop Motion cartoon about a boy named Henry Wiggins who can make his wishes come true when he eats his mother's mashed carrots. The show aired on Family Channel for 2 seasons and 26 episodes.
Tropes found in Henry's World include:
- Aliens Speaking English: The Plutonians in the episode "Is Anyone Out There?" speak English just fine.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: In "Pirate Out of the Water", a police officer stops Henry, who is riding his bicycle, and says that he was riding hands-free, his bike has a faulty bell and a faulty right tire, and he didn't tuck his left trouser leg into his sock.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: In "Is Anyone Out There?", Henry and his friend Fraidy go to space to find aliens. They travel the surface of a planet they find without wearing spacesuits, but can still breathe just fine.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Nine times out of ten, Henry's wishes will go horribly wrong somehow.
- Black Bead Eyes: Most of the characters have eyes of this kind.
- Blatant Lies: In "Silver Tongue", Henry wishes everyone would believe everything he says. Cue him making up a ton of very obvious lies that everyone, from his friend Fraidy to even adults, believes anyway.
- The Bully: Darwin serves as a bully in most episodes where he appears.
- Christmas Every Day: In one episode, Henry wishes it could be his birthday every day, which results in a "Groundhog Day" Loop of birthdays.
- Fat Bastard: Darwin is noticeably fat compared to other characters and is usually seen bullying others.
- Kids Love Dinosaurs: The episode "Pet Dinosaur" revolves around Henry wishing for... a pet dinosaur.
- Not-So-Forgotten Birthday: In "Middle Child Blues", Henry's family seems to have forgotten his birthday, which is what sets off the events of the episode (it causes him to wish he was an only child). At the end of the episode, it turns out they didn't forget after all and had a Surprise Party planned the whole time.
- Power-Up Food: Mashed carrots cause Henry's wishes to come true.
- Questioning Title?: The episode "Is Anyone Out There?" has this kind of title.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: In one episode where Henry becomes a piano-playing prodigy, he ends up snarkily saying "Yawn." after completing a piano song to show how easy it is to him.
- Shout-Out: Listen carefully to the music at the very end of "Darwin for a Day" - it's a cheeky musical nod to the theme from Quantum Leap, on which the episode is based.
- Space Episode: "Is Anyone Out There?" follows Henry as he wishes for a rocket ship and goes out to space.