Henry Hugglemonster is a Disney Junior 3D-animated show about the adventures of Henry Hugglemonster (voiced by Lara Jill Miller in the US and Theresa Gallagher in the UK) and his monster friends and family in the city of Roarsville. Throughout the episode, Henry often will talk directly to the camera as he tries to sort though the dilemmas he faces.
Henry Hugglemonster provides examples of:
- An Aesop: Always help your family when they need it. This is a prevailing rule of the show and something that the characters abide by, to the point where if they don't, it is treated as O.O.C. Is Serious Business.
- Alliterative Name: Henry Hugglemonster, naturally. There's also Eduardo, Ernestine and Estelle Enormomonster, making that group an Alliterative Family as well.
- Balloonacy: In "Carried Away", Cobby invents a machine that can make balloons, which are apparently helium. The machine malfunctions and starts filling up the Hugglemonster house, which is a problem because they're currently hosting Mr. Growl of The Grr Factor, who is known for never riding in airplanes because he's terribly afraid of heights. He and his family spend most of the story trying to hide from Mr. Growl the fact the house is in the air, while also searching for a way to take care of the balloon problem.
- Broken Aesop: The lesson from "All About Summer Camp." Summer learns that she shouldn't have been competitive and had fun, and she shouldn't have let her jealousy of Izzy get the better of her. Except she was competitive because they were in a direct competition for a spotlight solo, and the camp counselor constantly praised Izzy over Summer, even when it was very clear that it was only doing worse. The jealousy is also a non-issue, since Summer never stops encouraging and supporting Izzy during the ep. The only thing Summer did wrong was get so hot-blooded and extreme in a non-competitive environment, even though the set up meant that you had to be competitive, and that you had rivals that were constantly praised and told that they were doing better than you.
- Catchphrase: "Roarsome!" Also, "We're Hugglemonsters, and Hugglemonsters always find a way / never give up."
- Diegetic Soundtrack Usage: In one episode the Hugglemonster family all play the theme song for a concert.
- Episode Tagline: In the episode "Huggle Whaa?", some kids have fun chanting this made up word that sounds like "hugga" followed by Blowing a Raspberry, without realising that it's actually profane.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: At one point in "The Copymonster", Henry gets so angry over Roberto copying his racer, he starts roaring at the viewers in a way as if he's about to attack/kill them.
- Growling Gut: This happens to Henry and his family in the episode "The Pizza Brothers".
- I Can't Hear You: This is a regular Running Gag with Captain Hollander, who operates the airship.Henry: (addressing the viewer) This really is the most roarsome day ever.Hollander: What's that? Pull the lever? Okay! (drops pizzas from his airship)
- Line Boil: Also doubles as an Art Shift. The episode "The Mighty Heromonsters" uses this during scenes in Henry's comic book. This is taken up to eleven with the background as well. Not to mention that this type appears to resemble Roobarb.
- Loose Tooth Episode: In "Fangs Out", one of Henry's fangs becomes loose. However, when it falls out, he is unable to roar and can only whistle, much to his dismay. He refuses to roar in front of anyone else because he's afraid he'll be laughed at, but when he accidentally whistles in front of his friends, they find it cool.
- No Fourth Wall: The main character speaks to the viewers frequently, typically at the start of every short.
- The Runaway: Summer is this for all of a portion of an episode after she loses a necklace that Henry made for Momma Hugglemonster down the drain and worries that everyone is going to be mad at her. She quickly comes to realize that they've always solved things together as a family and that running away won't solve her problem.
- Schedule Fanatic: Gertie. She plans out her whole day, even when playing with her friends.
- Species Surname: Every monster family has "-monster" at the end of their surname.
- Stock Footage: One episode uses a piece of animation from Chicken Little.
- Title Theme Tune: Hey, hey, hey, have a Henry Hugglemonster day!