Good Scouts is a 1938 animated short film from Disney, directed by Jack King.
Donald Duck is taking Huey, Dewey, and Louie on a scouting trip through Yellowstone National Park. His attempts at being a good scout master go awry, as he spectacularly bungles minor tasks like chopping down a tree or setting up a tent. Upset when his nephews laugh at him, Donald splashes himself with ketchup in a poorly considered attempt to fake being injured. This leads to further disasters involving a jar of honey, a bear, and a geyser.
- Bandage Mummy: After Donald lathers himself with ketchup and pretends to be injured, his nephews try to help, but unfortunately they overreact and turn him into a Bandage Mummy. This leads a blinded Donald to trip and face-plant into a jar of honey, which attacks the bear.
- Bears Are Bad News: Donald accidentally dunks his face into a jar of honey, which attracts the attention of a hungry bear.
- A Bloody Mess: Donald pours ketchup all over himself as a prank to make the nephews think their hijinks have seriously injured him. Unfortunately, the kids pick that time to practice their first aid, overdoing it and wrapping Donald up so he can barely move.
- Human Traffic Jam: Donald calls a halt while they're marching, but Louie doesn't notice and keeps marching, which knocks them all down like dominoes.
- Oh, Crap!: Donald's reaction when he learns, after landing on Old Reliable, it's almost 12, the time it's due to erupt.
- Old Faithful: Oddly, it's called "Old Reliable". But the geyser is due to erupt at 12—which is exactly when Donald fell into its mouth.
- Scout-Out: Generic "scouts" without any insignia.
- Shut Up, Scary Thing: Donald, blinded by bandages, smacks a bear in the face. This turns into Oh, Crap!
- Tree Buchet: In classic elastic tree fashion, Donald pulls a tall tree all the way down and ties it to a stump, throwing a tent over the tree to make shelter. Unfortunately Donald doesn't tie the knot well enough, and he gets flung up and slammed down onto the ground when the knot unravels.
- Water-Geyser Volley: "Old Reliable" erupts and Donald is shot into the air, right up to the level of the cliff where the bear is still waiting for him.. His nephews try to stop the eruption by rolling a boulder onto the geyser, but all that does is shoot the boulder into the air, too, leaving Donald stuck on the boulder. The bear jumps on the boulder. The cartoon ends with Huey, Dewey, and Louie in their tent, going to bed, while Donald is still perched in midair running on a spinning boulder like it's a treadmill, with the bear doing the same, chasing him.