Futz! is a Canadian animated series consisting entirely of dialogue-free 3-minute shorts aired as interstitials between other shows. It was created by Vadim Kapridov and produced by 9 Story Media Group.
The show mainly follows a short, red-haired man and his various mis-adventures, and how his misfortune is often his undoing.
The show aired on Teletoon, first as a sneak peek on August 24, 2007. It started airing regularly from September 3, 2007, to Janary 6, 2008, with 26 episodes total.
Futz! contains examples of:
- The Chew Toy: NOTHING ever seems to go right for Futz.
- Disembodied Eyebrows: Futz has these.
- Dogs Love Fire Hydrants: In "Wash, Clip, and Futz", when Futz tries to barge his way back into the pet salon, he uses a fire hydrant as a battering ram. The cat simply opens the door, whereupon he continues running and crashes into the table, getting the fire hydrant stuck on his leg. The dog then comes over and pees on said leg.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: The Pirate Parrot in "High Seas Futz" wears only a purple vest and waistband.
- Imagine Spot: Futz often has these, thinking about how he will solve a situation.
- Pirate Parrot: In "High Seas Futz", the pirate captain has a HUGE muscular one dressed in pirate garb.
- Protagonist Title: Naturally.
- The Smurfette Principle: There is only one female in the group.
- Speaking Simlish: Only the big old guy ever speaks. And when he does, it's usually in some kind of gibberish.
- Walk the Plank: Futz is subject to this in "High Seas Futz". He gets out of it by jumping up over the pirate's head, and hits the mast.