Wile E. Coyote thinks catching Roadrunner will be easy when he learns that "road-runners hate snow and are easy to catch in snow drifts." After the snow machine he tries to use to cover the desert with snow fails, Wile E. switches the signs to the desert crossing and snowy summit. But even when the bird reaches the snow summit, the coyote has no luck catching him. Between jet-powered skis, a pack of sled dogs, and the building of a giant snowball, things are no better.
- Binomium ridiculus: Grotesques Appetitus for the Coyote, Semper Food-Ellus for the Road Runner.
- Face Palm: Wile E. slaps himself in the forehead a little too hard when he reads that road runners hate snow. He almost does it again upon getting the idea to seed clouds, but stops himself before he does.
- Homing Boulders: While there aren't any proper in this cartoon, the Giant Cloud Seeder delivers mountains of snow in this exact manner (five times, no less).
- Human Snowball: Wile E.'s final attempt on the Road Runner is to roll a snowball on him, but while trying to push it downhill, his ears get caught and he ends up getting rolled along. The snowball eventually falls on a rock formation, making it look like an ice-cream cone.
- Instant Ice: Just Add Cold!: After falling in a frozen pond, Wile E. comes out encased in the usual block of ice.
- Sled Dogs Through the Snow: Not seen, but definitely there, judging by what happened inside that package of "92-pound sled dogs." Once the Coyote escapes the package and hammers it closed, he takes a closer look at the notice:Sled dogs LOVE coyotes — especially for supper!
- Squashed Flat: Wile E. accidentally flattens his snout by closing the "Everything You've Always Wanted to Know About Roadrunners (But Were Afraid to Ask)" book on it.
- Weather-Control Machine: Wile E. buys an ACME Little Giant Cloud Seeder to make it snow on top of the Road Runner. Unfortunately, no matter where he aims it, the snow always falls on him instead.