In his words: Ferret and Parrot revolves around two small, caged animals and their inability to decipher reality from conspiracy theory. Ferret is convinced that the newspaper that lines the bottom of his cage is the morning paper that he gets everyday, but in actuality, it's usually an old tabloid or maybe even a bunch of old bills. Ferret sees these headlines...maybe about Bigfoot, maybe about UFO sightings, whatever, and jumps to conclusions. He usually involves his good pal Parrot, who lives in the cage above him, and hijinks ensue. The trick is, Parrot only repeats things he's heard, and sometimes just bits of things, making for a true Abbott and Costello sort of experience.
This animation features examples of:
- Adorkable: Ferret, so very much.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Ferret is a purple ferret.
- Butt-Monkey: Ferret.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Ferret
- Conspiracy Theorist: Ferret
- A Dog Named "Dog"
- Innocently Insensitive: Parrot
- Large Ham: Buddy and to an extent, Ferret.
- Literal-Minded: Ferret, so very much.
- Name and Name
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Ferret is red (energetic, neurotic, quick to anger) and Parrot is blue (Calm, deadpan, easygoing).
- Sick and Wrong: Ferret's thoughts on hotdogs.
- Weasel Mascot: Ferret.