The series focuses on a cat and dog duo simply called Cat and Dog. The cat mainly speaks in Spanish, while the dog speaks both English and Spanish. Cat will often say "que?" or "what?" to the dog, leading to the same sentence being repeated by Dog in the other language.
This cartoon provides examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife:
- Cat is purple.
- Dog is bright orange.
- Cat Stereotype: Cat is a pouty Persian-looking cat.
- Cats Hate Water: One episode has the duo getting muddy playing baseball. Cat Hates Baths.
- A Dog Named "Dog": The protagonists are called "Gato"/"Cat" and "Perro"/"Dog".
- Dog Stereotype: Dog is a Chihuahua with a Mexican accent.
- Edutainment Show: The shorts are meant to teach beginner Spanish similarly to Dora the Explorer.
- Vague Age: The titular duo look and sound like adults, but one short has them describing what they want to be when they grow up.